Our art work incribes in the conceptual and / or aesthetic field within artistic practices, somewhere between art and social activism, helping to develop critical devices that help us to socialize with the problems that exist in our society with rejected products by current models of production and consumption, which produces a new terrain.
We create an open hardware by the use of the basic 3rd generation hardware, capable of process into sound the energy contained in fruits and vegetables, discarded by supermarkets, through an electrochemical reaction.
- Protest against current patterns of production and consumption, providing new critical devices.
- Evaluate the environmental impact generated in the field of waste management.
- Finds a second use for the fruits and vegetables which are discarded by supermarkets because of their color or shape and is not attractive for sale to customers.
- Visualize the sound of the energy given out by fruits and vegetables discarded by the supermarkets.
- Shows the electrochemical reaction, which is generated by inserting two different metallic objects, copper and zinc, in each of the fruit that is in the installation. These fruits, connected in series, produce a small amount of electricity that is transformed through various integrated circuits to sound frequency, which are displayed on TVs located in the room.
Technical rider: Victor Mazon